When you are getting any window glass replaced, it’s a good idea to check what type of glass is now available in the market. Many property owners (commercial and residential) are now opting for Tempered Glass Installation. This is a special glass that goes through an extra procedure to ensure it becomes 4-5 times stronger than standard glass. In this procedure, the glass is first heated up and then cooled down very rapidly which adds to the strength of the glass.
Applications of Tempered Glass
Apart from this, it also alters the manner in which the glass breaks and it shatters into smaller blocks (and not shards), which are less likely to cause injury. This is also why this glass is also referred to as safety glass. It is an extremely versatile material and is ideal for use in various settings such as:
- Showers, hot tub, bathtub areas, sauna/whirlpool area
- In areas where there are fixed/operable glass panels (just adjacent to a doorway)
- Glass pool fencing
- Barriers for outdoor spas and swimming pools in indoor and outdoor locations
- Spa decks
- Stairway landings
- French widows
- Patio and balcony doors
In short, this glass can be used in many areas of your property. Tempered Glass Installation is a very popular option when people are constructing new homes or when commercial spaces are being constructed. Today, most of these structures sport a significant amount of glass and many of these panels are extremely large in size too. This makes it important to use glass that will be sturdy and able to withstand certain amount of impact.
Tempered Glass Installation- the advantages
- Safety– This is one of the primary advantages of opting for tempered glass; its far safer compared to standard glass and in case you have small children at home, it’s a good idea to get this glass installed.
- Strength and Durability– As mentioned earlier, tempered glass is very strong and able to endure a certain amount of impact. Its ideal for balcony and balustrade installations as well as in windows for high rises where there can be strong wind pressure and inclement weather conditions. These qualities also make the glass a perfect material for frameless windows, doors, fencing and balustrades.
- Quality- Despite the fact that the glass goes through the added tempering process, its transparency doesn’t get affected in any way, and it gives you the clear view you need in any window or door installation.
- Heat-resistant-This quality helps in maintaining a more comfortable indoor temperature and the glass is able to resist temperatures up to 200-300° Fahrenheit.
- Varieties and designs– Tempered glass is available in a range of varieties and designs such as stained, insulated, patterned or colored glass; and this gives you the flexibility to create the look you want on your property.
We at Diversified Glass and Mirror are a company that provides Residential & Commercial Glass Services to customers across South Florida. For any more information about tempered Glass Installation please contact us at this number- (954) 809-5699. You can also send us your project details via this online form.