Regardless of whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, you want to ensure that your premises are energy-efficient. It’s why you opt for high energy-rated electrical appliances and various insulation products. While you do all these things, it’s probably even more important to ensure that you have the right kind of windows installed on your property and choose the right company for Residential & Commercial Glass Services.
Energy-efficient windows- the considerations
Windows are typically the weakest link in wall construction and replacing your older windows with modern, vinyl windows is the one way to add to the energy-efficiency of your property. Here are some considerations to keep in view while choosing replacement windows for your home or commercial establishment:
• Multiple Panes- Single pane windows tend to leak a lot of air and are not at all energy-efficient. However, when you get double/triple-pane windows installed, they significantly add to the energy-efficiency of the indoor spaces. These windows tend to have a higher upfront cost, but provide value in the long term.
• Insulating Gases- High grade window manufacturers use gases such as Argon, Krypton and Xenon for insulation. These are invisible and far denser than air, and perfect for insulating windows.
• Low E-coating- This Low-emissivity coating is super thin and is applied only on one side of the glass in the space between the panes. Its placement will be dependent on the climatic condition in the area you live in. If you live in a colder climate, it can be used to let in the heat; in case you live in a hotter climate, it can be used to reflect the heat outwards.
• Sustainable framing materials- You can look for window frames made of composite materials or vinyls. It’s important to choose materials that don’t let-off VOCs. Your Residential & Commercial Glass Services’ provider will be able to guide you with choosing the right products.
• Energy Star ratings- It’s a good idea to check the NFRC certified U-Factor and the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) ratings where applicable. These terms essentially relate to the tendency of the windows to block the sun’s heat or transfer the heat. Replacing your old windows with new ENERGY STAR certified ones, lowers your energy bills by an average of 12%. In turn, the lower energy consumption also reduces the greenhouse gas emissions and your carbon footprint.
We at Diversified Glass and Mirror are a company that provides Residential & Commercial Glass Services to customers across South Florida. For any more information about energy-efficient windows, please contact us at this number- (954) 809-5699. You can also send us your project details via this online form.