Hurricanes are a common occurrence here in Florida and sometimes the severity of it can cause significant damage to your property. Glass windows are particularly susceptible to damage and if they break or become damaged, the stormy weather can also damage features in the interior areas of your home.
This is why we at Diversified Glass and Mirror always recommend the use of hurricane impact glass for residential as well as commercial structures. In fact many insurance companies now require that property owners install these windows on their premises, in order to be eligible for hurricane-related insurance cover.
In case of any damage to the glass, it’s also crucial that these window panes be replaced without delay. If you have standard glass windows installed on your property, or find that the existing impact resistant windows are old or are showing signs of weakening you should call us without delay for Hurricane Impact Glass Replacement.
Impact-resistant glass – what is it?
This is laminated glass that comes in 2 variants based on the level of impact resistance you desire:
- One type has numerous layers of polyvinyl butyral or PRB sandwiched between multiple glass layers. This glass is then fired at very high temperatures in an auto calve which tempers it and increases its strength. These glass panes are specially designed to withstand impacts from projectiles.
- The second variant is PET or glass-clad polycarbonate windows. These are specially designed for larger projectile impacts and are attached to the window frames using a very strong structural silicone sealant.
Impact-resistant glass -installation process
We are the experts that can handle Hurricane Impact Glass Replacement projects of any scale and complexity and we follow a very detailed work process:
- We assess the condition of the existing framing to identify whether new frames would be required. In most instances, these panes have to be paired with stronger framing as well. That ensures better protection from storms, hurricanes and projectiles.
- The framing could be constructed of metal, wood, vinyl, metal, combination materials.
- We take detailed measurements and custom design the windows for you.
- Once you approve the quote we will start the work and complete it within the stipulated timeframe.
- Reinforcement & stiffeners would also be used to strengthen the installation
- The entire structure will be installed as per manufacturer specifications- this ensures the product warranty stays intact.
These windows are extremely resilient and are run through very stringent tests and are able to endure Category 5 wind conditions. It’s a good idea to get your existing windows replaced with these specialized installations. When you hire us for the job, you have the assurance that the best materials will be used in the work and that the job will be completed to your 100% satisfaction.
For any kind of commercial or residential mirror installation and repair, we are the only company you would need to call. You can call Diversified Glass and Mirror at this number (954) 809-5699 or use this online form to send us your project details and we will revert shortly.