Every commercial and residential property owner wants to ensure that their building is energy-efficient and they get high energy rating appliances and electrical equipment installed on their premises. While this definitely helps in improving energy-efficiency, it’s also very important to focus on the windows and doors. Today, most modern commercial structures and homes have very large glass panes.
While these are great for allowing more natural light to filter into the indoor areas, they need to be well-insulated too. The one way to ensure that is to hire a company like ours for top-notch Residential & Commercial Glass Services.
Aspects of Energy-Efficient Windows and Doors
We at Diversified Glass and Mirror are one the leading companies in the field and provide customized, energy-efficient glass window and door installation, repair and replacement solutions to both residential and commercial clients. The different aspects of these solutions include:
- Multiple Panes– Single-paned windows leak a lot of air and they aren’t energy-efficient. On the other hand double/triple-paned windows are highly energy-efficient and they reduce the stress on your HVAC system. While these features have a higher initial cost, they offer significant savings in the long-term.
- Insulating Gases– Top quality window manufacturers use insulation gases like Xenon, Argon, and Krypton for these window and door installations. These dense gases are invisible and ideal for insulating glass doors and windows.
- Low E-coating– This is a very thin coating that is applied to one of the surfaces of the glass in between the two window panes. Where it is applied will be based on the climatic conditions in the region you live in. In colder climates, it helps bring in the heat, while in hotter climates; it reflects the heat outdoors, which helps maintain a more comfortable indoor
- Sustainable framing materials– The window frames could be made of vinyl or composite materials and we make sure that the materials we choose don’t let-off VOCs. As your Residential & Commercial Glass Services’ provider, we will guide you in choosing the appropriate products as per your use and requirements.
- Energy Star ratings– It’s important to check the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) & NFRC-certified U-Factor ratings where they are applicable. These terms relate to window’s ability to either transfer or block the sun’s heat. Replacing older windows with modern, ENERGY STAR-rated ones, helps reduce your energy bills by almost 12%. The reduced energy consumption also brings down the greenhouse gas emissions and reduces your carbon footprint.
We are the Residential & Commercial Glass Services’ company that goes the extra mile to provide customized solutions that fit in perfectly with our client’s needs. We work professionally and meticulously and complete the work in a neat and tidy manner and with the least amount of disturbance to the daily workings of your property.
Diversified Glass and Mirror is a company that provides to customers across South Florida. For any more information about energy-efficient windows, please contact us at this number- (954) 809-5699. You can also send us your project details via this online form.