Almost all residential and commercial settings have mirrors somewhere or the other and most people don’t see anything special in them at all. However, the fact is that there are different types of mirrors available based on the type of space they are going to be installed in.
Understanding What Beveled Mirrors Are:
Beveled mirrors add a very luxurious and glamorous look to any space. The edges of these mirrors are cut at certain angles which give an impression of them being framed (though it may not have any framing at all). This stylistic edge highlights the mirror design and lends it a very distinctive look. We at Diversified Glass and Mirror have designed and installed beveled mirrors for scores of residential and commercial customers.
We custom-design these features for you, so you have the flexibility to choose the size, shape and styling you want. Some of your customers want etching done on the surface of the mirror and we handle those jobs as well. While these mirrors are extremely functional, they also add a decorative quotient to the spaces they are installed in.
Advantages of Beveled Mirror Installations
In fact, in certain settings, a beveled mirror can be the focal point of the room and the designing of the rest of the features in that space may be centered on it. There are some distinct advantages to getting a beveled mirror installed in your home or commercial establishment:
- Since the edges of these mirrors are polished to a smooth finish, they are far safer than other styles. Since the process involves creating a slant on the mirror’s surface, you don’t have to be concerned about sharp edges even when you get an unframed mirror installed.
- They look luxurious and give your property an up-scale look. It’s very common to find mirrors with beveled edges in luxury homes and resorts.
- As mentioned earlier, they are customizable and that lends uniqueness to the feature and your property.
- The slanting edges of these mirrors catch the light and refract it- this results in a rainbow like light effect in the space surrounding the mirror; many people like this effect and look.
- If you have a very large mirror installation on your property, the framing cost can be very high. When you get beveling done, the slanting edges themselves act like the framing and you save on that cost.
- A beveled mirror adds spaciousness and openness to a room and that is a definite advantage when you install it in a modestly-sized room as well.
- Since there are edges to the mirror they reflect more light and create a very cheery look in the space.
Regardless of which way you look at it, a beveled mirror adds a very stylish and unique touch to your home or commercial space. Beveling is a specialized technique and it’s important that you hire experts for the job. For all types of beveled mirror installations call Diversified Glass and Mirror at this number (954) 809-5699 or use this online form to send us your project details.